Trending

David Duchovny: The X-Files Doesn't Exist Without Chris and Gillian


In a (shall we say) recent interview, ComicBook caught up with Duchovny to talk Kepler, the project's origins as a possible live-action movie or TV show, developing the sci-fi storyline, and the future of his other well-known narratives.
 
Speaking of The X-Files, there was a question if he sees the future of a live-action X-Files without Scully.
 
Even though we've had X-Files without Mulder, do you see an X-Files in the future without Scully, or do you think you would have to pivot to a Mulder spinoff or a Mulder book or comic book or something like that?

DD: I don't know. I've never really considered that. For me, it was always there's no show unless it's Chris and Gillian, so I don't know. Again, I don't want to have to think about that, because it's not something that I necessarily need in my life, to go do that. I think at this point, I mean, there might be another iteration of the actual show without either of us. I'm not sure. Or there could be a cartoon. There are many ways to go about it. But personally, for me, the X-Files that I'm involved in consists of Chris Carter, myself, and Gillian, so I haven't spent time trying to think about a different version of that, and I don't know that I will.
Yes, but actually... No.

Post a Comment