Trending

David Duchovny And Chris Carter Talk About The Possibility Of Season 12

With Gillian Anderson leaving The X-Files and showrunner considering continuing without her, everyone’s a little unsure of what to expect moving forward, including David Duchovny.

Speaking with The Music in the lead up to his debut Australian tour, the US actor opened up on the subject, stating he couldn’t "imagine the show without Mulder and Scully".

"I love the people that I've worked with; I love Gillian and Chris and I want them to be doing what they want to do," Duchovny said. "There’s no way I want Gillian to be doing the show if she doesn't want to be doing it, and yet, I want people to do work that they’re really good at, so we’ll see what happens. I’m just thankful we got to do as much as we did."

Duchovny said fans knowing it would be Gillian’s last has given it a different flavor to the one they initially set out to make. "To me, the unfortunate thing about Gillian saying that she was done is that there’s kind of a mourning sense about the whole season, when in fact, what I’d love is that people really recognize that these are 10 excellent episodes — like, way better than the six we did a few years ago."

Despite stating in the past the show wouldn't continue without Gillian, in a recent interview with Digital Spy, Carter made comments that suggested he’d changed his mind. 

"I think that certainly The X-Files has more life in it, there are more stories to tell, with Gillian or without," Carter said.
Yes, but actually... No.

Post a Comment