Trending

Duchovny Releases 'Layin’ on the Tracks' from his upcoming album

David's newest track entitled “Layin’ on the Tracks” has officially released on his YouTube channel. 

According to Rolling Stone, David was working on his third album, Gestureland, way back in January, when they dropped in on him. Back then, he was recording his anti-Trump song while lamenting with the lyrics “stupid orange man in a cheap red hat.” 




“I probably wrote that song with [bandmate] Colin [Lee] well over a year ago,” he says. “Sadly, it’s a little prophetic at this point — I’m not happy about that. [The song wasn’t] going off of any specific activities; it wasn’t a comment directly on any specific actions. It was simply a snapshot of, for me, my state of mind, and then what I saw as the state of mind of the country. My approach to lyrics is kind of vague in that way, as much as I love [Neil Young’s] ‘Ohio.'”

Based on his own words, he decided to release the song before the election on purpose. “I guess I just kind of wanted to go on record. I mean, not that it’s any act of bravery at this point. … I can’t change anyone’s mind. I understand people that vote for Trump. I understand people that vote for Biden. … I really don’t understand [the undecided voters]. I don’t know how to speak to somebody that hasn’t made up their mind at this point. I mean, to me, that’s a fascinating state of mind to be in. Like, ‘Wow, really?'”
Yes, but actually... No.

Post a Comment